Monday, August 16, 2010

Dorie's Devils Food Cake


Until I get into my Ready for Dessert challenge, I wanted to share this easy, delicious devil's food cake recipe with you. This is actually the cover recipe from Dorie Greenspan's Baking From My Home to Yours (which I highly recommend, by the way). I made this cake for my uncle for his birthday, but this cake would be wonderful for any occasion. Paired with a tall glass of milk, its dark but mild chocolatey flavor would brighten up any day. I actually made this cake with a basic cream cheese frosting instead of Dorie's marshmallow one, but I know either would be good. This is a great recipe that makes a very sturdy, easy to work with cake that won't fall apart on you. The addition of buttermilk is what makes it characteristically devil's food and makes it very, very moist.

So, to tide you over until the real blogging begins, you can find the recipe for the cake here. However, I do recommend buying Dorie's wonderful book.

3 comments:

  1. Definately a tall glass of cold milk with this scruptious looking cake! I liked your comment about baking being your ministry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, thank you so much for visiting my blog! I definitely believe baking is my ministry... at least I know God's gifted me in that area and I believe that everything we do should glorify Him, so I try to approach baking that way! :)

    ReplyDelete